Our legal practice is seeking to hire an ambitious Attorney to start a new career, learning Estate Planning and Medicaid. Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, 401K, plus vacations. Only full-time employees eligible.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Legal Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Legal Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- NYS Bar License (Preferred)
Busy Estate firm is hiring for a dedicated office manager. The basic duty of a law office manager is to ensure the office is running smoothly. They coordinate and monitor all activities within the law office. During a typical day, a manager may check over completed documents for accuracy and quality, hold a staff meeting and ensure a lawyer has all necessary paperwork to take to court.
The manager is responsible for assigning tasks and ensuring tasks are completed on time and in accordance with quality guidelines. Other job duties include greeting clients, answering incoming calls, managing e-mail correspondence and handling clerical tasks. Additional job duties of a law office manager include:
Preparing subpoenas and other legal documents
Handling legal research
Preparing memos and other correspondence
Creating client files
Training new staff
Scheduling attorney and client meetings
roles & Responsibilities
- Reception: Greeting clients with professionalism and hospitality.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling: This is perhaps the most important job. We have three (3) attorneys and their schedules are critical to the operation of the office.
- Lawyers need to know where to be and when.
- Lawyers need to have the proper files and extra forms with them if traveling.
- You are responsible for having briefcases ready to go
- The schedule includes multiple locations, so travel time needs to be considered at all times.
- Communication with associated offices to confirm dates & appointments is critical.
- Confirm all appointments the day before, confirm with other offices and financial advisors, as well, if involved.
- Prepare conference room before and after Meetings
- Mail Sorting
Our legal practice is seeking to hire a Paralegal to join our team of legal researchers. You will be supporting our practice by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files. You will also be asked to file pleadings with court clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. You will also need to be able to multitask effectively and essentially thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.